Sunday, June 2, 2013

Whisky On My Mind by Karly Blakemore-Mowle review

Honest to goodness review with badass bikers for an Indie sister.


BlurbLife for Whisky McKenna is no longer hanging in limbo. She’s now part owner of her father’s Bar and Grill and back in college finishing her degree. With Sawyer Riley; all six feet of brooding denim and leather at her side, life should be getting easier…but loving Sawyer was never going to be an easy choice; not when he came with a motorcycle club as a third wheel in their relationship.
Added to that, a new threat has emerged bringing with it a complication in the form of her old lover, Caleb Santiago.
Past secrets and old hurts are forced to the surface as Whisky struggles to adjust to her life as Sawyer’s old lady while trying not to lose everything she’s worked so hard for in the process.
Can she love Sawyer and accept his life without letting go of everything that was once important to her? Or will sharing him with the club be too big a sacrifice?
***

Review: Smack bam, we are in the midst of the action because all the inrto has been done in book one.
Now you can read this one without reading Whisky State Of Mind, but it's way way better if you do.
I hate to admit it, but I loved WOM more and it's probably because we are thrown into it right off the bat...or bike.
Sawyer is still a honey, bad boy and delicious. I can't help thinking of Sons Of Anarchy when I read this and that is not saying Karly copied it, it's saying it's believable, hot and fast. It makes it easy to imagine the characters of WOM when I'm intimate with the show. Karly probably will hate that I said this, but it's true.
Whisky hasn't changed really, more like grown and accepted. The only thing that hasn't budged is her acceptance that the club will be in her life or messing with her dreams forever.
Sure the club is legit, but like you would have read in book #1, it's hard to stay legit with outlaw clubs ready to patch over you.
what does this mean as a couple if Sawyer is pres and she wants a normal life and a fulfilling dream....you will have to read.
You will see more of our fav or not so fav detective, Caleb...(he left me cranky in the first book) and all the club favs, lot of action, and emotion.
In fact I damn freaking teared up at some points.
I emailed Karly and sent her the screenshot of my fav scene as soon as I read it and told her I effing loved this part!
I'm one of those annoying readers, lol.
So all in all, it is one awesome bike ride of passion...yes there is lots of that too, mmmm Sawyer. *Drool*, betrayal, corruption, love and so much more, but I hate spoilers.

Happy reading
Kez


No comments:

Post a Comment