Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Four month quicksand of books

So we have been a little quite this year and there are a few reasons why. They are called awesome books.
We get swept up in chocolate, coffee, family, school, and work, but books are our quicksand. Before we know it, we're sucked into the pages and lost four months of our blog. lol

Now we have come up for air before, about to start another and thought we best share some beauties with you. Y'all know we never share bad ones as much as they take our reading time also, what the hell is the point of that.
So here we go peeps.

1st read of 2014
Let's start with Pretty Little Things by +Teresa Mummert
 rating of 4/5
Blurb: I was young enough not to understand that my life was different. Colin became the one person that I could count on to protect me. He suffered for the both of us by carrying the burden of our secret. 
We were the lucky few that got a chance to start over. A fake family, a new home and a pretty little life built on lies. But while our lives continued to intertwine, we were put on very different paths. Now it was only a matter of time before they collide and the beast behind the beauty is exposed.

This is a darker read, those babies we love at the moment. Now here is the thing, Cole is a dark honey. He wants to protect Anna, he wants to keep her safe from his hell, he wants to take her as his own.
It was a suspenseful read and the only down side was we felt the additional character of Jacob was a bleh character. He was to make Colin jealous we think, but he had no necessary involvement for how much he was in the book. We just wish there was more substance to him and Teresa 'finished' his character off at the end. Not kill him, just do something with him. It was almost like he was an afterthought, like there was supposed to be more but she wanted to finish it up.
But don't let this stop you from reading it, It was a great read and one of us read it in one sitting. Teresa managed to make a hot read that kept me on the edge of my seat.


2nd read of 2014
Unravel by +Calia Read 
4.5/5
Blurb: Six months ago, I was happy. I was simply Naomi Carradine. One month ago, I was admitted into a psych ward. Yesterday, Lachlan visited me. Kissed me. And told me that I’m starting to lose my mind. Hours later, Max haunted my thoughts, reminding me I’m not crazy and that he needs my help. A few minutes ago, I drifted further from reality, trying to unravel the past. And now...everyone thinks I’m insane. But, I know he's real, and I know he needs me. Do you believe me?

Holy Crappers! What a ride.
This one will throw you, you will think you have it all worked out and then BAM!
Okay, so we actually worked it out about half way but almost right at the end we were thrown a curve ball.
It is a freaking goodie. Only reason it lost a .5 was because I kept getting confused in the beginning with the time jumps, it could have been 'done better' for flow.
Unravel is a go to read.
We both loved this one.


#3 read of 2014
Roar by Aria Cage
5/5

*Roar contains adult content and is not suitable for readers under the age of 18* 

Blurb: Charlie 
I’m shadowed by sins; mine and the ones passed on to me. The only light comes in the way of him. He wants to fix me, but he can’t fix something so lost and broken. I'm completely undeserving and secretly unwilling. But how do I turn away the one person my body and soul soars for, the one thing that makes me forget the fear, the loss and the guilt? How do I stop the primal need which we are addicted to? 

Nate 
She is a stranger amongst the world, a captive behind her smiles and lies which shelters the truth. But I know her, we are caged together with the demons and guilt, yet my love is stronger against all our loss and I want to help her heal, to set her free. Under her cloak still lies my scared kitten, feral to her soul because of what he took from both of us. If it’s the last thing I do, I will help her roar like the tiger I know her to be, even if it means setting her free from me. 


Caged by their demons and primal need, will their love be strong enough to set them free? 



INTENSE! Yeah, that is just one feeling I have for this read.
Nate, we all need a Nate to fall in love with. He was someone I just wanted to hold tight. He loved Charlie beyond anything, went through the worst hell for her. Both he and Charlie were dealt the most monstrous childhoods that made it hard to read and feel, but feel I did.
It will make you cringe, cry, and  scream out for their HEA. That's all I wanted for them.
It is a must read, but very dark and emotional.



# 4,5,6 and soon to be 7 reads of 2014
The Lux Novels.
Obsidian, Onyx, Opal, Origin by  @Jennifer L. Armentrout 5/5


Blurb:
We have decided not to add the blurb because it contains spoilers and we DETEST those. Just trust us when we say if you love a pararom young adult novel, then these babies are for you.
We were told of these novels by two different readers so we needed to get on the wagon...oh boy aren't we glad we did.

Daemon is HOT and at times a douche, but we just LOVE him. In fact there is a bit of a fight over him. There is no moment in this series that we dont adore him. At times we could smack him, but we would love that too.
Kitten 'Katy' I love the way he says 'Kitten' CJ had nothing on this nickname. Kitten will always be Katy and Daemon's. the growth, the sub-characters...freaking everything about this series screams to be read. Oh, and the fact she is a teen review/blogger like one of us, just tickles.
This is a MUST READ!

So one of us is ready for Origin while the other is still reading Opal. Gotta go and get this finished!

Happy Reading peeps
x

No comments:

Post a Comment